Six-Word Lessons for Autism Friendly Workplaces: 100 Lessons for Employers & Employees to Succeed Together
One percent of the population of children in the U.S. aged 3-17 have an autism spectrum disorder…
One in 50 newborns will be born with an autism spectrum disorder…
Only 56% of students with autism finish high school…
One million Americans live with an autism spectrum disorder…
...and the workplace of today and tomorrow will continue to change as more and more people with autism enter the workforce. Are you ready for it?
Six-Word Lessons for Autism Friendly Workplaces gives you 100 insightful lessons on topics such as disability laws, reasonable accommodations, unwritten social expectations and best and worst jobs for people with autism. It is for employers who interview, hire and work alongside those on the autism spectrum, and it will also help adults with autism find the perfect job and seamlessly fit into the workplace. This book will lead to a productive workplace for everyone.
Written by Patty Pacelli, the mother of Trevor, an autistic young adult who will soon be graduating from college and entering the workforce. This book will help people like Trevor succeed in careers, and will help employers understand how to have a productive workplace while integrating employees with autism.
Six-Word Lessons for Autism Friendly Workplaces is organized into 11 easy-to- understand chapters:
1. The Need for Autism Friendly Workplaces
2. Career Preparation for Parents and Children
3. How to Find the Best Jobs
4. ADA Laws and Rules for Work
5. Best Interview Practices for the Employer
6. Interview Tips for People with Autism
7. Reasonable Accommodations for Employers to Offer
8. Accommodations that can Help Autistic Employees
9. Benefits of Hiring People with Autism
10. Be Aware of Unique Autistic Traits
11. Social Expectations for Workers with Autism
Each lesson gives you some great nuggets to help both employers and employees better succeed in the workplace. Great information in a book you can read in under an hour!
Published by Pacelli Publishing
Learn more about autism at GrowingUpAutistic.com
Bulk order? Contact Patty for special pricing!
More on Patty